Nissan IDx at Goodwood - Nissan IDx Forum

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Nissan IDx at Goodwood

Very quietly the IDx showed up at Goodwood this year, no it didnt climb the hill

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Plenty of competition for attention at Goodwood though. I'm sure the IDX wasn't the star of the show. It'll be more exciting when the IDX actually is a running car and can race up the hill with the rest of the big boys.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
no you're right definitely not the star of the show but from what I've read it created quite the buzz... I think they even brought the virtual reality experience as well...

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I think that this is one of those cars that takes on a new life once you see it in person. Even so, there is plenty of other cars to look at at Goodwood, but I bet the IDX could hold its own.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
it's good to see they had the concepts on display, seeing how open they have been about them it's no surprised that they did this, plus what better event to bring them to than goodwood
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Dan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
subtle but enough to draw attention. For those Datsun fans Im sure the lines drw thir attention.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
subtle but enough to draw attention. For those Datsun fans Im sure the lines drw thir attention.
that and hopefully interesting enough to pull some new people to the brand, but i'm not sure how much of their aim is focused on that with the IDX
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I just find it hard to believe that the people at Goodwood are going to get overly excited about the IDX when the rest of the cars there are so nice. It's a great car but there are plenty of great cars ther which makes it fade into the back ground a bit when compared to cars like a McLaren or a vintage sportscar.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
oh yea Datsuns are hugely popular in the UK. Especially because once the 510 showed up it meant you no longer had to put up with shoddy BL engineering (or lack there of )
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holla View Post
I just find it hard to believe that the people at Goodwood are going to get overly excited about the IDX when the rest of the cars there are so nice. It's a great car but there are plenty of great cars ther which makes it fade into the back ground a bit when compared to cars like a McLaren or a vintage sportscar.
that is a good point, out of all the cars at that event the IDX was more like the least pleasing thing to check out for the most of the people their.

Still, it's good they took it to that event, it's still some exposure although it's not like they will covert many of those people into buyers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan IDx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page