Will the IDx go high-tech for its younger audience? - Nissan IDx Forum

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Will the IDx go high-tech for its younger audience?

I've been thinking about how the IDx is targetting younger buyers. Usually brands that go for this demographic try to add in plenty of tech features. Apparently young people love themselves some technology.

So what I am wondering is what kinds of technology do you think that Nissan will put in the IDx in order to appeal to the younger demographic?

Smartphone connectivity?
HUD?

What else do you think?
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
They should put none what so ever. You don't want people who don't care about driving. Nissan has said enough times this is an enthusiasts car, it won't be sold on sparkles and farkles, it will be sold on dynamics and fun. Otherwise theres no need for a RWD platform as the technology brigade couldn't even tell you which wheels are the front ones...
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
It is supposed to be an enthusiast car, but it is also for younger people. To many of those younger people "fun" means certain technological features as much as it means great driving dynamics.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
an infotainment system is going to be what could get them to take closer look at it, as these system do hold all the tech features anyone can imagine of messing around with in a car, plus it can look cool, and that is something younger folks care about as well.

but if this is really going to be a 20k car to start, don't expect it to come with infotainment as a standard feature BUT making it an option would be great.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDex View Post
It is supposed to be an enthusiast car, but it is also for younger people. To many of those younger people "fun" means certain technological features as much as it means great driving dynamics.
don't paint these younger people with such a broad brush. I'm 24 and I LOVE driving, LOVE tinkering and LOVE speed. I have 2 younger brothers who both jumped to get their licence immediately at 16, I have cousins who are the same.

Sure there are a bunch who just don't care but the IDx is not for them. Nissan sells other cars to satisfy what they want...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
People can like driving and like technology, they don't have to choose one or the other.

It is possible that they will make it more of an option than a standard feature. Make it part of some tech package for the car. I have a feeling with the low price point, this car will have plenty of options for people so that they can have it as bare bones or fully loaded as they want.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Dan

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
I can understand the infotainment part. It keeps them connected to the car. But then again this is not a car they would be drooling over.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I can understand the infotainment part. It keeps them connected to the car. But then again this is not a car they would be drooling over.
You think they would be more into something like the Kia Soul? I think that young people are looking at cars first based on design and price, and then driving style and technology.

What do you think young people are gripped by when it comes to cars? I think its the look of the car. After all, everything we do today (especially young people) is a performance.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Oh really, what will they be drooling over that they can actually afford and say that they really want rather than settling for what they can just afford?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Dan

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
I never said they would be drooling over something they can afford. Obviously when you talk about being affordable you might not get something like a GTR or something along those lines. Maybe something even more affordable might be a 20 year old vehicle or a hand me down. Thats usually the case with graduates still being in debt,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan IDx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page