IDx Power to Weight? - Nissan IDx Forum

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
IDx Power to Weight?

Ok lets have a bit of fun with numbers. Since members of the internet seem to be keen to label the IDx as a true blue FRS/BRZ rival lets have a looksie at what type of power to weight its going to take to match the FRS/BRZ. \

We have no official power figures but we can play with a few variations. The Juke NISMOS 197hp 4 pot seems to be a favourite, as well as the Sentra NISMO's 240 hp 4 pot. Lets play with both shall we?

Bare boned with a manual box the FRS tips it at 2,758 lbs and makes 200 hp.

P/W= 13.79 lbs/HP

Now lets imagine that the IDx will make use of the FM, which is more than likely I might add. In its lightest application, the 370Z shows a 3,232 lb curbweight. Now assuming a bit chopped off the middle and losing two cylinders would bring the IDx total down to 3,000 lbs flat.

197 hp Juke NISMO engine would give a P/W of 15.22 lbs/HP
249 hp Sentra NISMO engine gives a P/W of 12/5 lbs/HP

we can have miles of smiles with this. Post up your weight prediction and why, pick a Renault-Nissan engine (be realistic none of this GT-R nonsense I CAN SEE YOU GRINNING ALREADY ) and post your predicted P/W!
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i highly doubt the idx will get either engine

im guessing the base engine will be 150hp

the weight will have to be under 3000lbs

even lighter than 2700lbs.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I don't see why the IDx wouldn't get the Juke NISMO's engine. It seems like a pretty good fit for the car. That could be a great engine option. its pretty small, but still powerful. Sounds like exactly what the IDX should get.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I actually think there's a good chance the IDX will get the NISMO Juke engine. Given what the curb weight will be around and what power range would be idea for a car of this size, the NISMO Juke engine and transmission combo seems great to me, and sitting around the 200hp mark it gives them room to add to it and keep the hype alive for years to come.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Is the NISMO model going to use a whole bunch of carbon fiber in order to bring down the weight of the performance model? I am guessing that will be a big part of both the cost of the NISMO model and a big part of the actual "performance" aspect of the NISMO model.

I hope they use a lot of carbon fiber in it. That would be cool.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz20 View Post
Is the NISMO model going to use a whole bunch of carbon fiber in order to bring down the weight of the performance model? I am guessing that will be a big part of both the cost of the NISMO model and a big part of the actual "performance" aspect of the NISMO model.

I hope they use a lot of carbon fiber in it. That would be cool.
I'm not sure IF they will, but I do doubt it. Reason being NISMO models of every other Nissan vehicle (barring GTR) is mostly a tart package. Ground effects, NISMO badging, sportier looking interior/upholstery/seats and suspension tuning. Considering the IDx's place in the cadence I see it being closer to Micra NISMO than to GTR NISMO...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I also don't think it will be getting a ton of carbon fiber parts, but its too bad since the NISMO model looks like it would take really well to carbon fiber. Carbon fiber roof and hood would be awesome!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Carbon fiber would be nice though. You guys don't think there is any chance of a carbon fiber package or something like that?

At the very least I bet there will be after market suppliers who will make loads of stuff for the IDx, including some carbon fiber parts.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
CF is so deadly expensive its going to puch the cost much too high. Consider that if IDx NISMO gets too pricey it begins to push into 370Z territory which is only $29K in the US so not a ton of wiggle room...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you would think by now that carbon fiber would be cheaper by now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan IDx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page