Which headlights would you like to see on the production IDx? - Nissan IDx Forum
View Poll Results: Which headlights would you rather see on the IDx production model?
Freeflow 2 40.00%
NISMO 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

3Likes

post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Which headlights would you like to see on the production IDx?

The two concept IDx models have different headlights. I'm just wondering which you guys would rather see on the production model.

Freeflow

NISMO
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I voted for the Freeflow headlights. I think that they capture the retro-modern look that the IDx is going for better than the NISMO headlights.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
well you're not going to see either of them on a production car... Style may be inspired by them, but its too complicated and luxurious for a $20,000 vehicle...

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They both look nice

WOuldnt mind either

THough one is probably going to be Nismo and the other the regular model
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 12:36 PM

You really think that those circular halo headlights are too complicated to be put in a production car? I think they look nice but I didn't think they were that luxurious. I guess it depends partly on how much money Nissan decides to sell the IDx for.

Should be inspired by those halo shaped headlights at least though.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I like both and think both have their purpose as shown on the individual concepts, but in the end I like the NISMO version better.

Ideally, the basemodel and all trims under the NISMO should get the freeflow headlights, and NISMO model should at least try to stay true to this concept.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Do you think it will be something where there is a choice of headlights if you get up to the NISMO model, or will Nissan just force you to get the headlights that come with whatever model or trim level you decide on?
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I would really like to know what is behind the headlights. Are they LED's? It's not the shape thats going to be the issue but the illumination technology. Keep in mind all literature points to a sub $25K price point if not sub $20K. Every little piece of modern technology poured in gooses the price ever higher...
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM

From the concepts they sure do look like LEDs. Do you think that is too expensive for the production model? They look really nice, so it would be sad if they didn't splurge and put them in anyway. I guess the cost would be passed down to customers though.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holla View Post
From the concepts they sure do look like LEDs. Do you think that is too expensive for the production model? They look really nice, so it would be sad if they didn't splurge and put them in anyway. I guess the cost would be passed down to customers though.
well thats the problem right there. affordable and cutting edge never run in the same circles. So you have to decide on priorities, would you rather have modern, superfluous luxuries of apperance, or would you rather have the core functions of the IDx intact?

Sure LED's are nice, But I'll take a better drive over LED's all 8 days of the week... Using the FRS as a price benchmark, there are NO LEDs...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan IDx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page