[Poll] Production Model Nissan IDx Could (and should) Look Like This... - Page 2 - Nissan IDx Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want the production model IDx to look exactly like this?
**** YES, take my money! 2 100.00%
Not exactly, I would like to see some changes made. 0 0%
NO 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

post #11 of 16 Old 05-16-2014, 12:11 PM
frsports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
are side exit exhausts legal?
post #12 of 16 Old 06-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Heinz20

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I never really see them on cars, but I also have never heard of them being illegal. Why would they be illegal?
post #13 of 16 Old 06-23-2014, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
IDXGuy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
it has to be legal, i think the dodge viper at one point came with a stock side exhaust exhaust system.

post #14 of 16 Old 06-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Dan

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Nissan will be playign it safe for the production model the way I see it. Side exhausts are legal in some states.

Quote:
Pennsylvania laws

175.75. Exhaust systems

(a) Condition of exhaust system. All components of the exhaust system shall be in safe operating condition as described in § 175.80 (relating to inspection procedure).

(b) Exhaust system requirements. A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be constructed, equipped, maintained and operated to prevent engine exhaust gases from penetrating and collecting in any part of the vehicle occupied by the driver or a passenger, in addition to requirements of this title for an emission control system and smoke control for a diesel-powered vehicle.

(1) A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with a muffler or other effective noise-suppressing system in good working order and in constant operation. A muffler or exhaust system may not be equipped with a cutout, bypass or similar device and a muffler may not show evidence of external repair.

(2) The exhaust system of a vehicle may not be modified in a manner which will amplify or increase noise emitted by the motor of a vehicle above the maximum level permitted by Chapter 157 (relating to established sound levels).

(3) Headers and side exhaust are permitted if the vehicle meets the requirements of this section.

(4) An exposed exhaust system shall be equipped with an adequate heat shield or protective system.

(5) An exhaust system shall extend and discharge completely to the outside edge of the vehicle body, including a truck bed, or as originally designed.

(6) A firefighting vehicle is exempt from regulations concerning exhaust systems, mufflers and noise control.

post #15 of 16 Old 06-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Nismo_Guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
playing it safe is the best thing to do if they really want to make it super mainstream, might as well make it suitable for just about anywhere rather than taking away from it's potential and reach.
post #16 of 16 Old 06-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Dan

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
They better play it safe or they can have a big problem on their end. I dont see them being dumb enough to play with fire liek that. Most likely to see a single on the rear of the nismo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan IDx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page