IDXAdmin
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Nissan IDX Concept

Nissan will build a production version of the IDx concepts that it first debuted late last year during the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show.

The car will likely arrive sometime in 2016 and while Nissan executive vice president Andy Palmer said the car will be built, he declined to say which version of the concept will be born. The company unveiled two versions of the car in Tokyo that are currently on display in Detroit.

A less exciting model called the IDx Freeflow concept is designed to be comfortable with space for four passengers. But there is also a sportier looking version called the IDx Nismo. Its main goal is to offer drivers an engaging experience that brings the fun of playing a game like Grand Turismo or Forza to life.

In Nismo form, the car is powered by a 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine mated to a CVT with six simulated gear shifts that the driver can pretend to shift through. The Freeflow is powered by either a 1.2- or 1.5-liter gasoline engine.

The cars are tiny, measuring 13.5 feet long and 4.3 feet tall. The Freeflow concept is 5.7 feet wide while the NISMO version is slightly wider at 5.9 feet.

Nissan hasn’t actually specified if the vehicles use a front-, rear- or even all-wheel drive setup.
post #2 of 9 Old 06-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Heinz20

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
The cars are tiny, measuring 13.5 feet long and 4.3 feet tall. The Freeflow concept is 5.7 feet wide while the NISMO version is slightly wider at 5.9 feet.
I feel like I have to see these cars in real life in order to get an actual idea of how small they are. What is a vehicle of comparable size?
post #3 of 9 Old 06-23-2014, 12:18 PM
IDXGuy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz20 View Post
I feel like I have to see these cars in real life in order to get an actual idea of how small they are. What is a vehicle of comparable size?
the most common thing i can think of is an older miata which are common enough to come around, newer miata's seem to be bigger than what the IDX will be.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Dan

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
I'd really have to see the IDX in person but to me it might be better to make it just a 2 seater. It won't happen but really I feel bad for who ever will be sittin in the back.

post #5 of 9 Old 07-02-2014, 08:16 AM
IDXGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I'd really have to see the IDX in person but to me it might be better to make it just a 2 seater. It won't happen but really I feel bad for who ever will be sittin in the back.
I rather have it as a 2+2 for insurance purposes so at least it won't be seen as some hardcore sports car.

post #6 of 9 Old 07-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Heinz20

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
If its the size of a Miata, that could be a lot smaller than I was originally thinking. I want to see an IDx parked next to something I know the size of to get a better idea. I wonder how much trunk space the 4 seater would have.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Dan

There will still be trunk space but just dont expect too much. If they wanted more space they could go with run flat tires so they wouldnt need a spare.

post #8 of 9 Old 07-03-2014, 02:45 PM
IDXGuy

I think it will be good enough for the average person.

Run flat tires are just a waste of money and when it comes to a car like this with a suggested retail of $20k, I know very, very few people will be able to afford them. Instead it's cheaper to carry a small air compressor and tire patch kit and be signed up for road-side assistance. It's what I would do if I didn't want a spare tire taking up space.

And last but not least, being mindful of where you drive, that helps a lot.

post #9 of 9 Old 07-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Dan

A low profile spare can only take up so much space but then again if my main purpose of buying was for trunk space I would move to the next category which would be more practical.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan IDx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page