Site Software Upgrade and New Look
My name is Jeff, I am from the development department.
Just wanted to give you a heads up. We are looking to update the software here on Tues June 17th. Site will be down from around 6:30am to 10:00am EST. Maybe earlier. Should only take 2 hours. But in case there are any issues. Here are some things you can expect.
1) The site should be significantly faster.
We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.
2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views
We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.
3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.
We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join NissanIDX.org, they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in.
4) Garages will be featured on the site
You can show off your cars , You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others.
5) Users will be able to register with Facebook, Twitter or Google+
6) Please let me know if you guys want to stick with the same color scheme or if you would like to add any specific images to the header ASAP.
Let me know if you have any concerns. I will be here to help with the transition and any issues there may be.
Jeff aka The Pun